A weekend trip for those who want to experience the traditional and avant-garde wines, gastronomy and architecture of one of the main wine regions in Spain: La Rioja.
SUMMARY: Tour of 3 days, 2 nights in SPA Hotel in La Rioja with breakfast included. Visit to two wineries with tasting, welcome dinner and lunch in restaurant or winery.
DAY 1. FRIDAY. Arrival and welcome dinner.
- Arrival in La Rioja. Hotel check in.
- Welcome dinner in a restaurant in the city or at the hotel.
DAY 2. SATURDAY. Wine in La Rioja.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit to two wineries in the morning. They will be different wineries to appreciate the variety of winemaking in La Rioja, one of the centenary wineries followed by a winery designed by a famous architect. Guided tour of the production facilities and representation of the winery, tasting of the wines produced there and aperitif.
- Lunch at the winery or restaurant. Traditional Riojan menu with wines from the winery or tasting menu if you prefer avant-garde cuisine. In the afternoon different options: Visit to the Dinastía Vivanco Wine Culture Museum in Briones or to the Villa Lucía wine theme center, or enjoy the hotel SPA.
- Dinner on your own.
DAY 3. SUNDAY
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit to a winery with wine tasting
- We suggest a visit to the medieval town of Laguardia. Beneath the cobbled streets of Laguardia is full of old subway cellars. Above them we can find numerous monuments and sites of interest, such as the gothic facade of the church of Santa Maria de los Reyes from the 14th century.
- End of our services.
- Personalized organization of the route
- 2 days accommodation and breakfast
- Lunch on Saturday or Sunday at the winery or in a restaurant
- Visit to 3 wineries with tasting
- Sending of the necessary documentation
- Access to the hotel SPA
- Telephone assistance and assistance during the route
- Suggestions of activities that can be carried out are included
- Transportation is at the client’s expense, the route is self-guided.
PRICE: From 500€ per person
The final program and budget of your trip will be specially designed for you taking into account your tastes and preferences. The price will vary depending on the dates, the hotel selected and the number of people on the trip.
- Wine tasting course
- Wine and food pairing dinner where food is combined with wine, all explained by a sommelier.
- Visit to the Monasteries of Suso and Yuso in San Millán de la Cogolla declared World Heritage Site, and cradle of the Castilian language. The monastic community founded by San Millán in the middle of the 6th century became a place of pilgrimage and in honor of the saint a beautiful Romanesque church was built in Suso, where it is still preserved. This is where the first texts in Castilian, one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, were written. At the beginning of the 16th century the monks moved to the monastery of Yuso, where they remain to this day.
- Visit to the Monastery of Cañas
- Visit to the cathedral of Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Santo Domingo is a small medieval town very important for pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago. The cathedral is famous for its beauty and the legend of the rooster and the hen. The cathedral museum is also worth a visit.
- Visit to the Villa Lucia Wine Thematic Center in Laguardia, villa-lucia.com. Villa Lucia is not a museum as such but a thematic center dedicated to wine. It is very entertaining for all wine lovers, as it is a multimedia exhibition to learn the secrets of winemaking and wine tasting. The visit is interactive and even includes a virtual tasting.
- Tour of the vineyards by bicycle or on foot (hiking). During the tour, the vineyard, the cave wine presses and the vineyard guards will be explained, depending on where the tour takes place. A visit to a winery can be included during the bike ride.
- Grape harvest and grape treading activities in September and October.